Hercules is the Roman adaptation of the Greek mythological character Heracles, who was the son of the god Zeus and the mortal Alcmene. Known for his great strength and courage, as well as his many different adventures, one tradition lists a group of 12 labors of Hercules, in order of increasing difficulty, as follows:
- Slay the Nemean Lion
- Slay the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra.
- Capture the Gold Hind of Artemis.
- Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
- Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
- Slay the Stymphalian Birds.
- Capture the Cretan Bull.
- Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
- Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons.
- Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon.
- Steal the apples of the Hesperides.
- Capture and bring back Cerberus.
The reverse of this coin depicts the Erymanthian Boar, along with the Roman Numeral IV for the fourth labor, while the obverse depicts a classic image of the Greek and Roman hero, along with the purity 0f .999 fine silver represented in Roman Numerals. This gorgeous coin from Provident Metals will make a valued addition to any collection. Order today!